Are You Seeking a fast-growing, fun and collaborative work environment? Our team at Lifetime Tax Advisors is seeking a Tax Manager / Tax Practitioner for our growing firm! At Lifetime, our advisors provide services to individual professionals, small businesses, and family offices. Our brand new office overlooks the lake in beautiful Rockwall and is shared with Lifetime’s other companies: Insurance and Wealth Management Services.
Why Work With Us?
Unlike a lot of tax firms, we live by the philosophy of working smarter, not harder. We are seeking someone who is more than just a ‘numbers person’; if you can offer innovative solutions and improvements to tax planning strategies, we want to hear from you! But there are some other great perks of working with our team – we give our staff 25+ days off, including holidays and ‘reward’ days after major deadlines. We also try to squeeze in some fun, from lunches/breakfasts and happy hours, to cornhole on our office patio. Oh yeah, and we close at 3pm on Fridays!
We are seeking someone with the following attributes:
- Team Player
- Positive “Can Do” Attitude
- Strategic Solutions-Oriented
- Strong Communication Skills
- Desire to Learn and Teach Others
- Prepare Federal and State tax income returns for individuals (and possibly some partnerships, trusts, estates, and exempt organizations)
- Analyze and review client accounting records and financial statements
- Accounting/Bookkeeping for Tax Clients –
- XCM Processing System
- Reconcile bank statements
- Reconcile credit card statements
- Code checks/deposits and enter data
- Prepare unaudited financial statements (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) for clients and lenders
- Prepare sales tax reports
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable for multiple tax clients
- Pay invoices by verifying transaction information
- Scheduling and preparing disbursements
- Obtaining authorization of payment
- Providing financial, administrative and claerical support to our firm’s clients
- Complete payments and control expenses by receibing payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
- Assist staff in other areas as needed, such as preparing trial balances, data entry, 1099s, special projects, etc.
- 5+ years recent experience in bookkeeping/tax return preparation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and expect constant improvement from all levels within the organization
- Be proactive and desire constant improvement, and motivate / train staff to increase skill sets/productivity.
- Have the willingness to jump in anywhere needed, even if it’s ‘beneath’ your job description.
- Experience in supervising bookkeeping and payroll
Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. is a tax advisory firm offering tax and consulting services to high income/high net worth individuals and small to medium-sized businesses. To assist us as we grow through acquisitions and strategic marketing efforts, we are seeking a qualified Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper. Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity and knowledge of our team members and maintain a positive and relaxed working environment. Eligible employees may participate in our 401k plan. Salary and incentives will be based on experience and expertise. Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. will continue to grow through additional acquisitions of local tax firms providing team members with opportunities to advance professionally. Please visit our website at www.lifetimeta.com for more information about our firm.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for further consideration. No direct calls or recruiters, please.