Tax Manager & Practitioner
Are You Seeking a fast-growing, fun and collaborative work environment? Our team at Lifetime Tax Advisors is seeking a Tax Manager / Tax Practitioner for our growing firm! At Lifetime, our advisors provide services to individual professionals, small businesses, and family offices. Our brand new office overlooks the lake in beautiful Rockwall and is shared with Lifetime’s other companies: Insurance and Wealth Management Services.
Why Work With Us?
Unlike a lot of tax firms, we live by the philosophy of working smarter, not harder. We are seeking someone who is more than just a ‘numbers person’; if you can offer innovative solutions and improvements to tax planning strategies, we want to hear from you! But there are some other great perks of working with our team – we give our staff 25+ days off, including holidays and ‘reward’ days after major deadlines. We also try to squeeze in some fun, from lunches/breakfasts and happy hours, to cornhole on our office patio. Oh yeah, and we close at 3pm on Fridays!
We are seeking someone with the following attributes:
- Team Player
- Positive “Can Do” Attitude
- Strategic Solutions-Oriented
- Strong Communication Skills
- Desire to Learn and Teach Others
- Review tax returns (1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 990-T, state and local tax returns) and constantly look for new issues that may have not been identified in the past.
- Assist staff in the preparation of 1040s, 1120s, 1065s, 1041s & 990Ts.
- Identify potential tax planning opportunities, implementation steps, and the pros and cons of implementation
- Research / resolve technical issues and complex tax issues and generate creative ideas
- Handle tasks ranging from basic accounting and bookkeeping to complex entity structuring
- Utilize experience to process partnerships returns from inception through termination
- Communicate options and alternative scenarios to clients to provide value.
- Assist clients with sales and use tax calculations and report preparation.
- 5+ years of recent experience in public accounting
- Bachelors or Masters in Accounting or Taxation preferred
- CPA NOT required, but a plus!
- Superior technical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to Represent businesses and individuals before the IRS and states on tax examinations – NOT required, but a plus!
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and expect constant improvement from all levels within the organization
- Be proactive and desire constant improvement, and motivate / train staff to increase skill sets/productivity.
- Have the willingness to jump in anywhere needed, even if it’s ‘beneath’ your job description.
- Self-starter with the confidence to take initiative
- Previous experience as a Real Estate Investor a plus
- Experience in IRS audit representation
- Experience in supervising bookkeeping and payroll
- CPA a plus, but not required
Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. is a tax advisory firm offering tax and consulting services to high income/high net worth individuals and small to medium-sized businesses. To assist us as we grow through acquisitions and strategic marketing efforts, we are seeking a qualified tax manager to join our team. Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity and knowledge of our team members and maintain a positive and relaxed working environment. Eligible employees may participate in our 401k plan. Salary and incentives will be based on experience and expertise. Lifetime Tax Advisors, Inc. will continue to grow through additional acquisitions of local tax firms providing team members with opportunities to advance professionally. Please visit our website at www.lifetimeta.com for more information about our firm.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for further consideration. No direct calls or recruiters, please.